- McMahons Rd, Monash University, Frankston
Entry prices for the audience
- Adults $20
- Concession $18
- Children $10
- Coaches with VCCA card $10
- Prams NOT allowed in the theatre
Please note that in 2019 the University is undergoing major renovations. The theatre and under-stage dressing rooms are not affected but the foyer dressing rooms and toilets are not accessible. We are making plans to minimise the effect on our competition but there are some aspects out of our control.
Stage size, curtains and lighting
- Stage size: W10 x D10
- Centre front dot is approximately 1.7m back from the edge of the stage. Remaining dots are approximately 3.1m apart sideways, and 2.6m apart front-to-back. Note that these measurements may change to match the position of the 9 spot lights.
- As per CVI rule 2.9.1, mid curtain may be used for reveals but competitors must be as far back to the curtain as possible.
- DLP available for all sessions. Costs – $20 for single use or $35 for full competition (more than one item). Invoiced at the end of the Longbeach competition season.
- Longbeach strongly recommends using PowerPoint for DLPs as we cannot guarantee that venue equipment will read mp4 files.
Filming of your items
- All Club Coaches have the opportunity to have their performances professionally filmed for the coach’s private use.
- In 2019 Brian from Panorama Videos has requested the following information be provided to all competing clubs…..
- Those with a permanent booking need not do anything – they will be filmed automatically
- If you wish to have a permanent booking, please contact Brian on 93385256 asap and your pricing will be held at last year’s prices
- All other clubs must pre-book no later than 3 days prior to your competition day and you will also be charged at last year’s prices. Ring Brian on 93385256 to book.
- If no pre-bookings are made for a particular session there may not be a videographer allocated
- Booking on the day is still possible IF A VIDEOGRAPHER IS PRESENT however and additional charge of $1.00 per item will be applied
- A booking constitutes filming all items for that club – no picking and choosing of items
- Bookings are preferred from the Club Secretary with contact number and email address so accounts can be issued more efficiently. If individual accounts are to be sent (ie by section in one club) an additional fee will be applied.
- Longbeach is not involved in pricing, invoicing or filming errors – all queries should be directed to Brian Godber
- Full canteen available (run by the venue) but is situated outside
- Ample parking available
- Entry to the foyer only through the “courtyard” side
- No entry to the venue until 45 minutes prior to the start of your competition
- No entry to the dressing rooms unless wristbands have been purchased
- Props to be taken into the venue via the stage door and then you must exit through the stage door (no access to the dressing rooms)
- All props must be inside by no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the section
- 2019 Longbeach badge
- Longbeach pens
- REQUIRED PAPERWORK:
- To be confirmed
- Show coaches card for free pass
- Coaches’ passes available for up to 3 registered coaches per club for up to 2 teams
- For clubs with 3 teams – up to 4 passes, and clubs with 4 teams – up to 5 passes (only for registered coaches!)
- Any further passes required will be sold for $10 for registered coaches
- Unregistered coaches need to purchase a child’s ticket